When You're Strange, a film about The Doors on PBS 5/12/10

Here's where we go to kick back after the races with our pals. Pour a tall one, punch a few buttons on the jukebox, and relax...
RickO
When You're Strange, a film about The Doors on PBS 5/12/10

Postby RickO » Wed May 12, 2010 1:32 pm

This is a great documentary on The Doors. Tune in! Check your local PBS listings.
Times, TV sizes, and return policies may vary.
RO
Texas Yankee

jim sanders

Re: When You're Strange, a film about The Doors on PBS 5/12/

Postby jim sanders » Fri May 14, 2010 6:00 pm

8) i watched it last night
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Sat May 15, 2010 1:38 am

The Doors were no doubt something special. My wife has control over the TV so I don't get to watch anything I might be interested in but I remember watching The Doors play live in a PBS studio one night in 1970, it was around the time LA Woman came out. They played a GREAT 30-minute set and then the plan was to have a panel of "experts" conduct a discussion afterwards about The Doors' music, the lyrics, what their deal was supposed to mean, etc. It was hilarious; within 3 minutes the experts were all at each other's throats, yelling, it almost broke out into a riot (which most Doors shows did back then) and they called off the discussion and brought the band back in to play out the show...I'll try to find out when this show will be on and be sure to watch it. The Doors RULE. Thanks for the tip, Rick O. WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat May 15, 2010 11:53 am

Damn... missed it but I Iove the Doors. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Danny White

Postby Danny White » Sun May 16, 2010 9:04 am

The Doors did the PBS show because of the Miami incident they pretty much could not play anywhere! Robby Kreiger does not get the credit he is due for his imput in the group. Plus he was the best musician in the group.

Danny

Diana The Doc

Postby Diana The Doc » Fri May 21, 2010 8:45 am

I saw the recent airing of The Doors "When You're Strange" film, and I also recall seeing the "PBS" studio concert they did as well-- Both are highly recommended viewing... There's no doubt that the level of originality, creativity and talent that Jim Morrison and the rest of the band put into The Doors' music was beautiful, sometimes scary, definitely massive... One thing that I always admired about The Doors while growing up was the way their songs sounded so incredibly perfect no matter where you heard them-- Even in a car with the most stripped down, no frills, "mono" AM radio, their music still projected their unique mood, ambiance and mysterious flare-- It was "mind music" that somehow sneaked its way into the mainstream pop culture-- It's amazing that they managed to "crossover" to pop, even with some songs that were obviously "dark" and "contemplative" ... There's a club 'round these parts called The Starland Ballroom, the engineer we're working with in the recording studio told me that Ray Manzarek (the keyboard player) and one other member of The Doors either did a gig, or was going to do a gig there... Of course it's a shame that Jim Morrison couldn't really handle the pressures of life and wound up leaving us relatively young-- There will never be another one quite like him-- And oh, what a voice-- A voice that can reach the core of your soul... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)..
THE MOST READ FEMALE BLOGGER ON THE DRAG RACING INTERNET. THANKS TO YOU. I LOVE Y'ALL FOR THAT!

Blaumann

Postby Blaumann » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:19 am

I watch each new generation of kids discover The Doors.
How well i remember listening in Glenn's (RIP) basement, after MUCH herbal research. The lights would be out and Morrison would be screaming that deal in The End.

WildcatOne

Postby WildcatOne » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:11 pm

One night in '67, I was hanging out with my buddies on the North Side. We were all turning on, having fun, being young males making the most out of a Saturday night. One of our buds showed up with his girlfriend and they decided to take their romance a step further than it had been up to that point, ya know...they went in Joe's room, put on The Doors' first album, turned it up all the way and went at it...right at the end of "Light My Fire", the record got stuck on that long, one-chord ending deal with the drums rolling, the organ blasting and the guitar crunching that power chord...for 45 minutes...we of course left 'em alone in there...even I can't forget it, I can't imagine what they were experiencing (or if they were paying attention to it)! Doors rule. Cheers, WC1
Life Is Good!
http://www.peeweebowenband.com
Support Live Music!

Return to “Dangerous Bill's Cafe Noir”