Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:38 am

Happy Friday. 33.5°f on a clear, bright, sunny morning.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Happy Friday. Worked from home and got a lot done. Jason and Denise are home and we are rolling into a lazy weekend. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Got a few signs done today. Tonight Cheryl & I went to Village Church to pick up their Christmas ryders for the sign out by the highway. Got to change the dates & put them back up in a couple weeks.
Then we stopped at Giordano's Pizza on the way home. They lost power due to the thunder storm tonight, so the pizza oven wasn't up to temp yet. We were after sandwiches anyway so that wasn't a problem. Goota' stuff.
Tomorrow I may be diognosing a problem with the Z axis on the CNC and installing the plastic wire harness chain for the Y axis. The cheap factory set up is getting bad and will soon mess up the wires, so I bought a harness chain awhile back. It probably won't work very well until I get it installed. :lol:

Zapster

Postby Zapster » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 pm

Test 1, 2 test 1,2. Hey BP it seems to be working, I'M IN !!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP BILL. I'M GONNA HIT SUBMIT AND SEE IF IT GOES ON SITE..
DLN's Sat. July 13, 2019 Keystone Raceway

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:01 am

Yes Gary, it won't work too well but it won't wear out either. The Zapster has returned.
57 and rain today. Yesterday I vacuumed all of the rooms in the house, went to the grocery store, filled the gas tank in the S-10 from five gallon cans, cut a stack of pads for the dog's bed and cooked potato soup for our supper. Today Sharon and I have to take some donated clothing down to the church and stop to buy a few odds and ends for a service man and his group in Afghanistan for their Christmas celebration. He is the son of Sharon's supervisor and we thought it would be nice to adopt the group for Christmas. I can't even imagine being over there in those conditions at Christmas time. I won't take a knee on national television but I will support our service men while they do their duty for our country. :D

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:02 am

well finally awake after falling asleep around 10 pm thursday , woke up at 4 am today . I hate it as I can not get anything done .

, traffic on highway was silent which wakes me up , either was a accident or icy , as trucks start there elephant march about this time even on saturdays ,

Glad to see Zappys back , told you you had the number 5 and 7 plug wires crossed ! ( old chevy joke and quite common problem after tune ups on them ) :wink: :mrgreen:

wet and 46* south of the shoulder north of the river .

well my stuff from Idaho which was supposed to get here on the 20th showed up :shock: I wonder if USPS is trying to make up for my failed Prime deliverys :roll: . now I have to go get my argon bottle and see if the old ankle is up to snuff for pedalling on the TIG , been about 22 years since I could use one last ( broke foot/ankle in 95) and haven't picked up the torch since , can stick and throw wire and make clouds of soot ( gas weld /braze) but stopped tigging because of the injury ( ankle has a tendency to stick/lock/pop at times ) I do not like the thumb control torches at all ( tried one ) I have been working with the ankle to loosen it up , might have to try southpawing it litterally . ( my brother can Tig with either foot ) hope this miller welder (215i) is good as they say, so far Its up to the promises made .

have to go thru the stuff now as I am selling off the Pontiac stuff as I am done . when I sold the 50 , I just happened to glance in the storage unit and realized I have about 20 pairs of cylinder heads and 4 blocks . and out of them only 10 sets are what they call desirable and only 1 block worth money ( 455 HO ) . and sheetmetal for cars I haven't owned in 10 years or more . gonna have to cut a bunch up for the scrap yard , as I can get more for scrap than what the idiots on cragslist offer and the B.S. they put you thru .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:41 am

Good Morning, not much to say. I'm very tired,My balance is a bit off. Susan will be at the annual Craft Show. She was with me a Hospital yesterday. She won't know how well her Cards has sold. Yesterday's post is missing.I must have forgot to press "submit". Bill.please say hello to Tia from us. :D

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Happy Saturday!

WELCOME BACK, ZAPPY! Had to filter out 200 hackers to let our friends in, but it was well worth it to get the team back together!

Great to hear good things going on with Gary, Jack, and Boyd! Good luck to Susan at the craft show. Queen Bling should do well!

Denise is out doing Thanksgiving shopping. I have decided to take next week off and will stay home. Of course, I'll be calling and emailing work but i will do it from home.

Tia says hello to all. (And of course, Denise says howdy, too).

Got a nice note from Phil Burgess asking for into to cover draglist in his column. I need to work on that this weekend, too.

Have a great weekend! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:33 pm

A few minutes ago, rain turned to sleet, then to snow. No accumulation, but it's coming down pretty hard. Time to go out to the shop and do some CNC diagnosing.

Zapster

Postby Zapster » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:36 pm

Thanks Bill, thankful to be back at last. Linda & I are both on. Thanks to you.
DLN's Sat. July 13, 2019 Keystone Raceway

Return to “What's Up”