Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
pro70z28
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 pm

Drizzle turned into a day of rain. We needed it. The puddles disappeared as soon as the rain stopped. I cleaned a spot in the shop and finished the ambulance inside. Now we're playing with the grandkids while Jenni and JD are whipping up something for dinner.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Zapster

Postby Zapster » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:54 pm

Dear friends, I just got word from Susan. The news we've all been dreading.......
Boyd passed shortly before 11:30 pm Saturday ET.
DLN's Sat. July 13, 2019 Keystone Raceway

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:41 am

Condolences to Susan and their family, from Gary, Cheryl & Jeff.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:11 am

Morning folkz. 60/85 with sun most of the day and possible showers this evening. This morning I have to take care of some backlogged paper work then fix Sharon's little folding fan that she uses in church. I have to call my health insurance company to see if the root canal will be covered and I need to get a bay in the garage open so I can pull the 84 pickup inside and take the gas tank off to install a new gas line to the fuel pump. Some small garden projects thrown in and I should be busy all day.

We will miss Boyd. I pray Susan will be okay and that the family will support her.
When I told Sharon of the sad news she sat and sobbed as her heart was broken and she
felt so bad for Susan. Don't we all. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 am

Morning. 71/80 for the day with showers possible at any time. Going to lunch with my buddy and getting him several tanks of oxygen then Sharon wants to go shopping for bedding tonight. Yesterday turned out to be a very productive day. A young man that I know came down to help me, or should I say do what I can't do anymore, and he got the gas tank out of the 84 truck and we got the Astro Van up on blocks to fix the brake line. We stopped for lunch at about 2:00 and then over to get parts for tomorrow when we will tackle the install process. Things seem to go a lot smoother when you're young and agile. Hopefully we will have them both streetable by the weekend so I can fluff and buff them for resale. We will tackle the 53 pickup next and maybe get the 55 Chebbie out of the trailer and into the garage and I will have to get the straight axle and the fiberglass tilt front clip mounted on it then. I'm having a clearance sale to get rid of all the iron I have. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:11 am

Mornin'. 68.0°f. Got rain yesterday morning. Then a couple hours of dry, long enough to get a few signs installed, then heavy rain about 5pm. We still have wet sidewalks, so I guess it rained overnight too. The brown grass has a very faint green tint to it, so I might have to dust off the lawn mower soon.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:43 pm

Another day of rain.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:05 pm

Love our friends Boyd and Susan and love you all.

Been working 21 hours a day this week and my absence shows that.

Love to all. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:31 am

bp, me thinks you needz a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
55/78 today with sunshine. Went to pickup the sending unit for the 84 truck and one of the employees at Autozone gave it to another customer who ordered a sending unit so I stopped for breakfast and upon finishing my meal and leaving the guy from Autozone seen me, pulled over and told me it had been returned and I could pick it up. Back home and waited for the young guy to show up but he was really late and had another job to do so we didn't get much done. I attacked the basement steps that have needed some work for years and removed all the old covering so I can put down some new vinyl on them. Fixed a leak where the drain from the furnace goes into the main drain for the house then stopped to have some lunch. The insurance lady called me to confirm that I needed to carry liability coverage on the Mercruiser even though I am not going to drive it and told me if I didn't that the state checks for this and if I was sent a notice and didn't have insurance they would take my driver's license. Well that wasn't an option was it? Not sure what I will get into today but Sharon has a list of a few things she wants done then I can figure the schedule out after that. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:31 pm

I'm thinking real serious about going out & mowing the lawn (for the first time since DLN's 13). The rain the last couple days has brought back a little green in places. Speaking of vacation, today we are at day 50 of our Anniversary Vacation countdown ......... :wink:

Return to “What's Up”