Rise and Shine!

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Wheelzman
Re: Rise and Shine!

Postby Wheelzman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:02 am

Morning folkz.
Back from the abyss.
41/74 for today with sunshine abounding. Sharon has been taking over the landscaping clean up since I was down and did a wonderful job. I told her she can do it all the time and received a glaring stare!!!! We, as in her and I, will try to mow the lawn today before it gets out of hand. I am doing cardio rehab three times a week for 12 weeks so that should eat up most of the summer but it's all good. Going to lunch with my buddy today after several weeks absence so we should be able to solve all the world's ills in a couple of hours. Have to make reservations for DLN's soon. bp, Sharon keeps asking me how Denise is doing with her knee? Hope it is all goota by now. Gary, the bathroom project is the usual Gary quality over the top but such a beauty. :D :D :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:04 am

Mornin'. 42.1°f and sunny. Today's plan is to install signs for a new trucking company at one of the lots today and install signs for a new 104 trailer lot. Before I go, while the temp comes up a little, I have some large decals to finish for a painting contractor. I'd like to get the Athletic Boosters trailer done today too, but that depends on time. Gotta' go play with the Grandkids later, so it won't be a full day.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:11 pm

Howdy, everyone! Tied down at work day and night as usual. Just stopped for the day to check in. It was in the high 60s today but I didn't step one foot out the door... I'll force myself outside this weekend! bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Well, my day didn't go as planned. I wasn't able to meet up with the truck parking lot owner until 2p. Had to quit at 3:30p to go see the grandkids, so I only got 20 of the 78 signs installed. :oops: That means Saturday work for this semi retired old guy.
Cheryl is heading to Iowa, Sunday after Church as both her Mom & Dad are facing surgery. They find out this week if it's even an option. Both in their 90's. Then she plans to come back Wednesday + or-. Then Jenni, JD, Ethan, Jaden, Cheryl and I are heading back out for the Easter weekend. We have our annual June vacation planned, but Jenni really wants to see them. Being Easter weekend, it's nearly impossible for Jeff to get the time off.
We'll be loggin' some miles.

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:52 am

Morning group. 55/70 for today with showers off and on all day turning possibly severe after 6 PM and later. I went out and planted some flowers yesterday and other than mowing about half of the yard the other day that is the most physical thing I have done recently. Sharon and I had home grown corn for supper, you can't beat the taste of that for a meal. We took a walk and did about 3 miles on the alleys around our end of town, we got our 6000 plus steps today, then came home and sat on the front porch till after 9:00 just talking. The lawn is finally kicking in from the fertilizer I put down last fall and is turning dark green from an ugly brown mess that was under all the snow. Tulips are just about to blossom and the Hyacinths are in bloom with the trees and bushes sprouting buds for the summer show. We had a blockage in the spouting next to the back porch and I had to get the extension ladder out to unplug it before the rains came today. Hope everything goes well Gary. :D :D :D

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 am

Thanks Jack.
24.5°f this am. I'm just waiting on myself this morning. We're driving separate today so Cheryl can take off for Iowa from Church.
I finished up both truck parking lots yesterday and had enough sun left to get the Athletic Boosters trailer lettered out in the school parking lot. Glad I got it all done, as we woke up to S-n-o-w this morning. :roll: There's a wide, solid blue strip of snow on the radar from Lake Michigan down to Arkansas. Should make for an interesting day. Cheryl will be on interstate for about 90% of her trip, so she should have no problems, but we'll reassess after Church.

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi. Slow day here. Went and saw Denise sing with her choir last night (Chesapeake Choral Arts Society). They were great. Then went out for a late dinner afterward. She is out doing the Sunday afternoon performance and Jason is at work. Cloudy but the doors and windows are open on a 75 degree day. Enjoy your Sunday. Nice win by Tiger Woods at the Masters. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Had to run downtown and get a shot of the Broadway Project. Spring has been delayed for a few hours. :wink:
Broadway 4 14 19 1.jpg
Broadway 4 14 19 1.jpg (194.84KiB)Viewed 2258 times

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:06 am

Mornin'. 36.9°f and sunny. Should be rid of the snow in a day or 2. Then Spring can resume. :lol:

Wheelzman

Postby Wheelzman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Afternoon folkz. 39/50 but it needs to get it in gear for 50 today. Yesterday we spent most of the day at church. We are losing our preacher and had a young man come to speak for us from Illinois. He was very good and may get the job. Today we went to Lowes to get some Boston Ferns but the severe winds we had last night just tore them up, we'll wait for the new shipment. The winds were so bad that we actually went to the basement for about 15 minutes. No train rumble but you couldn't see across the street from the front door. They had several funnel clouds near us and one tornado touch down so we were lucky. We went to Menards to look at ferns but they had none so I guess we are a little early on the fern hunt. Oops, the sun just came out so maybe 50 will get here today? I am feeling much better but still have old guys syndrome when I pass the couch!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “What's Up”