3RD ANNUAL DRAGLIST NATIONALS WHO'S GOIN?

The Draglist Super Crew shares friendship and racing every year in a different town and at a different race track! Here are stories and plans for Draglist Nats past, present, and future!
Lippy

Postby Lippy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:53 am

COOL!! More, more!!
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:44 am

.....................when we get home.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Getting organized and then we are all headed to the restaurant for breakfast before we all go our separate ways.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

paintertom

Postby paintertom » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Got home last night about 10pm , put the car away and went to sleep.......lol...Have to say it was an outstanding time with outstanding people. There were some fun times and the bummer of it all was my car, I chased electrical gremelins and I think it's running way to fat best I could muster was a 5.99. so I need to iron out some things and get it back to mid 5s and all will be good. I want to thank everyone for a blast of a day and all the help in the pits and staging lanes. What a great group of folks we have here.
www.paintertom.com

Novel-T

Postby Novel-T » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:27 pm

How long do we have to wait?how was it?huh huh huh?

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi Boyd and all. Just got back. Here's my take: it was fantastic. Somewhat smaller crowd than the first two years, but we all know about the challenges folks faced on many fronts this year. The 20 or so people who were there had a super time. Every year is somewhat different and every year is special. We had "backbone of draglist.com," Danny White and his wife Gena join us. It was great to spend time with Danny and to meet Gena. We had Painter Tom and his dragster adding to the fun. Great to spend more time with Tom. We had Eric Bru getting some strong runs in his 56 (probably enough to get his license) and that was awesome. We added a nostalgia Top Fuel Dragster to team draglist and that was great. We gave out awards to our members (again, thanks to Zappy) and we called them the "Zappys" (who needs a Grammy, Emmy, or Oscar?) We had super group breakfasts and dinners that were fun and on Saturday we had hot dogs, cole slaw, and chips at the track. Perfect outdoors eatin... we had a huge threat of rain (and in fact it rained hard on Friday and on late Saturday night) but perfect, chamber of commerce weather for Saturday's action. We had the full support and welcome of the Eddyville Raceway Park staff as always. We saw tons of great looking race cars and show cars (photos to come). And most importantly, we deepened the bonds between our draglist FAMILY. All this and there is a surprise announcement for next year that I will let others relate... We missed everyone who couldn't come and we hope that the photos and stories that will soon appear will somehow help to make it seem like you were with us. We certainly were remembering you as we enjoyed the weekend. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:30 pm

All I can add for now (til I get organized) is you all need to put next year on your calendars. I can say the surprise announcement PB is referring to will be something you have never ever seen before at a DLN's Event.
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Rapid Randy Baker

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:03 pm

Hi everyone. Laura and I had a fantastic time with a great group of friends. There was tons of things going on, lots of neat little side stories.

The Draglist events just keep getting better. We sure missed the ones who didn't make the trip.

Thanks again as always to Gerald and the whole Eddyville crew who go out of their way to make sure whatever we need gets taken care of. What a great group. 8)

PS, The "RAPID ONE" got surprised with not 1---but 2---cakes. Wait til you see the photos of them!!!! It was so cool to be treated so nice by my friends. Thanks again everyone. 8)
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

Eric David Bru

Postby Eric David Bru » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:42 am

...We had Eric Bru getting some strong runs in his 56 (probably enough to get his license) and that was awesome. We added a nostalgia Top Fuel Dragster to team draglist and that was great.
According to Rock & Gerald, I should be good to go!

BP, can you double check my crewman (Stubby) for a membership/username when you get a chance? He was/is having a problem signing in.

EDB

PS It was FANTASTIC seeing everyone this year!! Sorry if I was a bit distant but I had about 1.35 million things going through my mind worrying about the 1956 and the Nitemare Top Fuel FED... :oops:
Outlaw Eric :cool:

stimpy

Postby stimpy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:49 am

Eric it was no problem seeing as you really had your hands full wth both cars but atleast you got yours running and down the track .
the Groom that went Vroom At DLN IV

draglist
Site Admin

Postby draglist » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:14 am

Great, Eric! I will check on Stubby. Also, we'll get more info on the Nitemare team so folks can see them and meet them online. Super people. bp
Bill Pratt
Draglist.com - Crowdsourced drag racing history.
Headlines and Results: http://www.draglist.com/
Drag Lists: http://www.draglist.com/draglist/draglist.php

Return to “Draglist Nationals”