Autostart System

Check in with your pals daily. What's on your mind?
Rapid Randy Baker
Autostart System

Postby Rapid Randy Baker » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:13 pm

I had a nice conversation with Jeff Foster of Compulink. I asked and recieved permission to share this with my friends here. It was in regards to the autostart system.

He did caution me to include the info that this is the method for the NHRA pro-classes only.

Hope you enjoy it as I did! :wink:

Rapid

autostart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are correct.

Here is a Q and A given to the pros;

Explanation of Autostart

1. Q. Who and when is the Autostart activated?

A. The starter activates the system when both cars are in the pre stage and all is safe to go. He may activate as late as when both cars are in the stage lights.

2. Q. What is the time delay when the system counts down?

A. a. Both stage lights must be solid for this time (.5 for Pros and TAD, TAFC .6 for sportsman.) This count is called Stage minimum and prevents the system from starting with a bump of the stage light during the staging process.

b. After the Stage minimum time then the countdown to the ambers start, this is called Stage to Start and is adjustable also the standard is .3 seconds for Pros and TAD, TAFC. Then the computer adds a variable in to each run of 0 to .2 seconds.

c. So the total count down from stage on to ambers is Stage minimum plus Stage to start plus the variable.
So in STK and SS .5 seconds + .3 seconds 0 to .2 seconds = .8 to 1.0 seconds from both solid stage to ambers.

3. Q. If a competitor lights both pre-stage and stage before the other racer lights the pre-stage, has the system been activated?

A. No, the system must see 3 lights to activate the Time out count. This part is a 7 seconds count that at the end of if the second car is still not in the stage, the system will trigger the tree.
NITRO PILOT

[url]http://.www.rapidrandy.net[/url]

jim sanders

Postby jim sanders » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:45 pm

8) cool info Randy... thanks for posting that !!! Is this the best place on the net or what? !!
GOOD TO GO !!
Uncle Curt Wasson album
[url=http://www.glowfoto.com/users2/gatorgumbo][img]http://www.glowfoto.com/siteimages/linktogallery.gif[/img][/url]

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:46 pm

Yup
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Lippy

Postby Lippy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:47 pm

Thanks Randy, that is some interesting stuff there, so it's not totally auto start unless someone iscounted out after the 7 seconds. I mean it is auto after the starter flips it, you know what I mean.
If you think it's exciting now, wait till we start it.

pro70z28

Postby pro70z28 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:50 pm

Yup
15th Annual DRAGLIST Nationals Sometime in 2020. Somewhere in the USA.

Return to “What's Up”